Monday, July 24, 2006

Finished Cabled Spiral Pullover

Here's my Cabled Spiral Pullover finished. I have made some modifications to the body, but the yoke, turtleneck and sleeves are knitted exactly according to the pattern. I had no problems with the instructions or the chart. The yarn, however, wasn't the best choice for cabling. It's cashmere from Pinnsvindesign.

Edited to answer question about waist shaping: I wrote above that I have made "some modifications to the body", but that's an understatement! I have used a basic fitted sweater pattern from 1000 Sweaters by Amanda Griffiths, and knitted it a couple of sizes too small, to achieve negative ease.

I made a few false starts before I found the rights size and gauge, but once I reached the yoke it was smooth sailing. There are more posts in my blog, here, here and here.

7 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger gretchen said...

That is beautiful.....

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger jillian said...

Gorgeous!! Geat job. You should be very proud :) And in CASHMERE!

Looks like you added some waist shaping? I was bit put off from this one pattern, despite the beautiful yoke, because it looked at bit frunmpy in the midsection.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Elaine said...

Wow it's lovely. I've been trying to join this KAL but have not received any response to my email... oh well.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger the daily purl said...

Beautiful job! Love the cables -just gorgeous. -Brooke

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Cathi said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

that is really gorgeous. and your photos seriously look like they should be in the book. well done.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger littlecindy said...

holy sh-t, that's beautiful. wonderful job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home